Account Manager – Produce @ Supervalu
Account Management & Strategic Sales Planning (25%)
• Execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profit margin and minimize expenses
• Develops joint business plans
• Identify and manage new sales opportunities and servicing of existing accounts.
• Forecast profit, volume growth and other related goals as determined. Assist with the preparation of a sales budget for assigned accounts.
• Makes key decisions on addressing and identifying customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts
• Bridge between Sales and Ops to manage through challenges and resolve for customer
Deliver Account Results (25%)
• Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales.
• Operates as the account conductor and owns the specialty sales deployment process
• Develops and maintains a JBP that drives sales and profit margin.
• Responsible for sales and profit margin results for assigned account(s).
• Focuses plans to drive sales and profit margin across product and services
• Delivers on corporate goals to deliver synergy and cross selling capabilities to customers
Manage Relationships (25%)
• Create and maintain partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners.
• Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
• Drives proactively the company’s initiatives to ensure the success of the customer.
• Focuses efforts on mutual sales and profit growth.
• Owns one or more key account customers.
Manage Execution (25%)
• Conduct regular reviews of sales activities and effectiveness. May develop promotions and incentives to increase sales and improve performance.
• Coordinates with a cross-functional team of resources to ensure account goals are achieved. Works collaboratively with Merchandising, Product Specialists and Professional Services to identify strategic selling opportunities for account(s).
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years sales experience preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of products
- Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
- Familiarity with sales opportunities
- Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques
- Understanding of margin and company profitability
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to work in a result driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and company systems
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales
Other Skills/ Abilities:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Aptitude for financial reporting
- Ability to lead without reporting authority
- Ability to interact at all levels of the business
- Able to manage and coordinate projects
- Able to exceed at: customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Remote from Region
View all jobs of Company: Click here