Accountant @ HollyFrontier
- Acts as central financial contact to assigned plant(s) for finance related matters
- Works closely with various departments outside the assigned plant location on monthly and annual closing entries
- Oversees day-to-day accounting operations
- Ensures completion of closing responsibilities within established deadlines
- Monitors and logs cash entries as well as updates related accounts
- Performs Accounts Receivable cash applications
- Reviews vendor invoices and other financial data to ensure accuracy
- Coordinates handling of vendor invoices and Accounts Payable payment runs
- Maintains General Ledger accounts and performs various account reconciliations
- Balances intercompany accounts and creates intercompany billings as needed
- Prepares and monitors various reports, amortization schedules, and resolves discrepancies as needed
- Reports and explains cost center expenses to operations leaders
- Coordinates the monthly physical inventory process
- Performs the monthly inventory revaluations
- Monitors the timely completion of routine to complex staff accounting duties
- Provides support to the budgeting process
- Maintains up-to-date procedures and checklists (work task schedules) for all duties performed
- Coordinates backup training of all duties performed through immediate supervisor
- Completes and supervises special projects as required
- Performs various assigned financial calculations
Special assignments projects or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years of job-related accounting work experience is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required. CPA designation is preferred but not required.
Must be able to perform complex accounting analysis and mathematical calculations. Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with general and analytical accounting. A broad understanding of accounting practices and procedures is required. Must have advanced reading and writing skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here