Accounting Specialist -Comp Accounting @ HollyFrontier
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Records accounting entries related to all aspects of payroll – benefits, workers compensation, retirement, short and long-term compensation, health and welfare, medical and other compensation accounting.
- Maintains account reconciliations
- Tracks shares and units outstanding on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, reconciling to the transfer agent and tracking of shares available under the compensation program
- Assists with compensation billings and collections, payables and related invoice processing, ledgers, payroll and employee benefit accounting and legacy compensation accounting
- Ensures compliance with the Company’s Accounting Policies and Procedures for compensation accounting issues to ensure Controller’s department is in compliance with GAAP and other relevant government controls, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Answers questions from compensation related departments, award recipients, and employees regarding a variety of compensation accounting related questions such as grant terms, vesting, bonus, payroll, etc.
- Monitors payroll activities related to budgeting
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of 5- 7 years of progressive experience in general accounting.
Five years of industry experience is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related
Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, etc).; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication; analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; and detail oriented. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with accounting software. A broad and deep understanding of accounting practices and procedures. Ability to handle confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and all compliance issues in relation to HIPAA regulations.
Experience in SAP
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here