Assoc Scientific Director, Precision Medicine TA@ AbbVie
- With appropriate supervision, manages the design and implementation of study protocols for a clinical development program in support of the overall Product Development Plan, based on strong medical and scientific principles, knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, AbbVie’s customers, markets, business operations and emerging issues. Oversees project-related education of investigators, study site personnel and AbbVie study staff.
- Has responsibility for review, interpretation, and communication of accumulating data pertaining to safety and efficacy of the molecule. Along with Clinical Operations, may be responsible for oversight of study enrollment and overall timelines for key deliverables.
- Contributes to design, analysis, interpretation and reporting of scientific content of protocols, Investigator Brochures, Clinical Study Reports, regulatory submissions and responses and other program documents.
- May be asked to contribute to the development of a rigorous, cross-functionally-aligned, vetted Clinical Development Plan in collaboration with matrix team members.
- Participates in opinion leader interactions related to the disease area(s); partners with Medical Affairs, Commercial and other functions in these activities as required, consistent with corporate policies.
- Stays abreast of professional information and technology through conferences, medical literature and other available training, to augment expertise in the therapeutic area.
- Responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and global drug development and accountable for complying with those requirements. May be asked to contribute to regulatory responses and discussions.
- Ensures adherence to Good Clinical Practices, pharmacovigilance standards, standard operating procedures and to all other quality standards in conducting research.
- Bachelors degree in the sciences; advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD) preferred.
- Ability to provide input and direction to clinical research with appropriate supervision.
- Strong desire to collaborate in a cross-functional setting.
- Clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory and compliance requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of study protocols is desirable.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global scientific and business strategy.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here