Associate Account Manager-Billings, MT @ Supervalu
Account Management & Strategic Sales Planning-25%
· Responsible for one or more customer’s sales growth plans in partnership with direct supervisor’s guidance and a Joint Business Plan.
· May manage and support a team on a large key account or may manage lower maintenance and less strategic accounts on your own.
· Represent customer accounts purchasing from Natural and Conventional UNFI divisions.
· Partner with sales team and region merchandising to execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profit margin, and minimize expenses.
· Makes key decisions on addressing and identifying customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts in support of Mgr Sales or Mgr Account.
· Forecast profit, volume growth and other related goals as determined. Assist with the preparation of a sales budget for assigned accounts.
· Bridge for assigned Customers between Sales and Ops to manage through challenges and provide resolutions.
Deliver Account Results-20%
· Responsible for budgeted sales and profit margin results for assigned accounts.
· Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales.
· Develop well-defined plans to drive sales and profit margin across all product departments and professional services for assigned accounts.
· Drives proactively the company’s initiatives to ensure the success of the customer.
· Partners with internal and external shareholders to establish open lines of communication regarding all aspects of the business. Focuses efforts on mutual sales and profit growth.
· Regularly interacts with customer leadership teams to present opportunities and communicate resolutions to build trust and grow profitable sales.
· Conduct regular reviews of sales activities and effectiveness. Regularly work with vendors, brokers, and merchandising teams to develop promotions and incentives to increase sales and improve performance.
· Coordinates with a cross-functional team of resources to ensure account goals are achieved. Works collaboratively with Merchandising, Product Specialists and Professional Services to identify strategic selling opportunities for accounts.
· Meets or exceeds account expectations and established deadlines.
Professional and Career Growth-10%
· Focused and strategic partnership with learning & development team, account management team, and direct supervisor to gain full understanding of best practices in sales growth and relationship management to deliver sales results.
· Individual development plan to include strategic training courses and personalized development strategies.
Education/ Certifications/or Equivalent combination of education training and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· 1-2 years sales experience preferred
· Understanding and knowledge of products
· Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
· Familiarity with sales opportunities
· Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques
· Understanding of margin and company profitability
· Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
· Ability to work in a result driven environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and company systems
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
· Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Aptitude for financial reporting
· Ability to lead without reporting authority
· Ability to interact at all levels of the business
· Able to manage and coordinate projects
· Able to exceed at: customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skill
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/ DEMANDS:
· Travel is required
· Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
· Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
· Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Hybrid
View all jobs of Company: Click here