Associate Director, Competitive & Strategic Insights (CSI)@ AbbVie
• Develop R&D CI and generate insights for multiple oncology assets, including coordination with leaders to set the CI scope and key questions
• Drive and execute the CI plan to support research and clinical insights across the portfolio of assets, and secure execution of the CI plan through robust methodology in a timely manner and thorough selection of the subject matter expert vendors
• Act as CI expert, demonstrating awareness and understanding of appropriate CI applications and key internal and external data/information sources
• Create strategic partnerships with internal CI beneficiaries and resources (R&D leadership, TASCs, ASTs, Global Medical Affairs, Discovery Research, Development, Search & Evaluation, Business Development & Acquisitions, CSG, Global and US MABI)
• Be an influential voice regarding R&D/BD CI within the organization; advise senior management on CI topics and implications for AbbVie
• Beyond data collection, articulate implications for AbbVie and key competitors’ strategy to inform ASTs and TASCs on new threats and opportunities
• Coordinate the communication of competitive intelligence in a timely and actionable manner, including considerations for content structure and format and ensuring distribution to relevant audiences
• Ensure consistency and create synergies across AbbVie assets by maintaining the same framework of key deliverables
• Establish partnerships with external CI resources and maintain vendor relationships
• Build required CI tools and platforms to enable process efficiency, ease of access and content management
• Operate Competitive Intelligence within AbbVie SOPs and CI policy and highest standard of professional conduct
• Develop and maintain a repository of research & clinical knowledge for each area of interest that will become a reference set of documents (e.g., on SharePoint) to develop strategies
• Bachelor’s Degree health/life sciences required; Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD) in Life Sciences/Medicine is preferred
~7-9 years of experience in Pharma/Biotech with 3-5+ years of experience CI or market research in Pharma/Biotech pipeline assets; oncology clinical development/regulatory experience preferred
Expertise with CI methodologies (preferred)
Proficiency with global and regional CI vendors necessary to assess clinical status and end to end overall strategy of competitive assets required
Experience in US (required) and multiple regions (preferred)
Superior analytical skills are required with an understanding of a broad range of CI & market research methodologies
• Strong oral, facilitation, and written communication skills; ability to distill complex information synthesized into concise and impactful messages and communications; PPT proficiency
• Ability to interact effectively with/present to all levels of the organization; Stakeholder management and executive presence
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes ingood faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individualcompensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimatelypay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/visioninsurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here