Associate Director, International Public Affairs, Immunology @ AbbVie
- Develop and apply strong understanding of enterprise businesses and therapeutic area, industry, and external landscape to provide communications strategic counsel to in-country communicators and functional and franchise management teams.
- Foster strong relationships with and provide strategic communications counsel to senior leaders of AbbVie’s international rheumatology business and collaborate with global brand team and cross functional partners to set and achieve brand goals, and communicate progress, changes, and milestones.
- Deliver a cohesive, three-year public affairs and advocacy engagement plan to support AbbVie’s global rheumatology therapeutic area objectives and uphold AbbVie’s reputation by engaging with multiple cross-functional partners to understand diverse functional perspectives, mitigate issues and elevate reputation.
- Lead patient advocacy strategy and collaboration with global rheumatology advocacy groups.
- Identify insights and apply those insights to inform strategic planning, source opportunities and collaborations with advocacy stakeholders.
- Oversee the refinement of 2025 annual integrated communications and advocacy engagement plans to support business objectives. Obtain internal stakeholder alignment, management approval, and secure resources to execute future plans. Oversee public relations and creative agency teams in execution of 2024 tactical program elements and ensure deliverables are on time/on budget.
- Lead scientific data and milestones public communications, including 2024 global rheumatology congress communications, to differentiate AbbVie’s on-market rheumatology brands and to elevate AbbVie’s pipeline among external public stakeholders
- Lead issues/crisis management communications for AbbVie’s global rheumatology organization and serve as a strategic advisor for in-country communications teams managing local crises/issues.
- Serve as spokesperson for designated brands and the public affairs lead in related global brand teams. Oversee the identification, development, and skill maintenance of internal and third-party spokespeople. Engage and interact with top-tier, consumer, and industry trade media, thought leaders and key opinion leaders, and advise in-country communications teams as needed on local media engagements.
- Oversee results reporting for the therapeutic area and serve as the accountable lead for results generated within the rheumatology public affairs function.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required (emphasis in communications, marketing, business, public relations, or journalism preferred).
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in communications and or marketing, preferred public relations agency or pharmaceutical in-house communications positions with increasing responsibility, or similar roles in regulated industries.
- Strong critical thinking skills, and a proactive self-starter who can work independently and in teams within a matrix environment
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing holistic, integrated marketing communications platforms for international audiences
- Experience leading geographically diverse teams in executing against common strategies in pursuit of defined goals
- 2 years of experience developing and leading multi-year strategic communications plans that are aligned with business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrix environment and serve as the functional representative on multiple teams
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Master’s Degree or other postgraduate work
- Extensive experience working with Senior Management and Customers
- Experience managing healthcare advocacy group relationships to collaborate toward shared objectives
- Experience leading data/science communications for established and emerging scientific areas
- Demonstrated understanding of the global access and reimbursement environment and experience driving strategies to expand patient access to medicines globally
- Strong experience applying digital/rich media strategy as a component of broader stakeholder activation campaigns
- Experience generating insights in social and patient stakeholder research, and applying those insights to drive public affairs strategies on a global scale
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here