Brands + Sales Rep- Bismarck, ND @ Supervalu
- Partner with retailers across assigned territory to execute both UNFI- and customer-driven sales tactics, including building/filling displays, cross-merchandising, facing/filling shelves, adding/selling in new or missing items, executing point-of-sales marketing materials, obtaining/sharing samples, and more.
- Collaborates with small to mid-size existing accounts with the goal of growing Brands+ and National Supplier sales and in turn market share for the customer.
- Partners with customer accounts purchasing from Natural and Conventional UNFI divisions.
- Partner with sales team and region merchandising to execute key make plan imperatives, sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profit margin, and minimize expenses. Key focus on driving the right assortment on shelf, close core voids, sell-in new innovations, drive secondary displays and merchandising.
- Makes key decisions on addressing and identifying customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts in support of supervisor and Account Mgr. direction.
- Bridge for assigned Customers between Sales and Ops to manage through challenges and provide comments from customers to the appropriate party.
- Seek and develop sales opportunities to help our retailers by utilizing a combination of data, in-store observation, and competitive market analysis
- Educate and train retailer associates on Brands+ portfolio, the importance of private brands, and sales-driving initiatives.
- Communicate needs, opportunities, issues, questions, and recap of accomplishments to appropriate UNFI support contacts and leadership in a timely and effective manner.
- Attend internal training and meetings as required.
- Assist with store resets or other field customer support needs.
Education/ Certifications/or Equivalent combination of education training and experience:
- Valid driver license.
- Auto insurance levels meeting UNFI requirements.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in Customer service and Retail.
- Experience in Grocery preferred.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- High abilities in time management and attention to detail.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Basic understanding of Office suite tools – Outlook, Teams
- 75% – 80% travel is required (with weekly overnight travel potential).
- Most work will be performed in a retail store atmosphere where temperatures may vary.
- Portions of the job will require the employee to sit for periods of time in a car.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, mobile phone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching are required in completion of job duties.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Remote from Region
View all jobs of Company: Click here