Business Intelligence Architect @ HollyFrontier
- Helps define the technical vision, strategy and plan for modeling layers of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) as well as Data Lake to enable the development of high value, analytic solutions aligned with business needs
- Provides expert level support for the Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing (BI/BW) module, and portal including configuration and enhancement requests from the user community and company management; Also need to work with enterprise data lake, Snowflake.
- Interacts with both functional and technical groups to understand business needs, provides oversight, identifies architectural options, evaluates options against the overall enterprise, information management architecture, and makes recommendations that return analytic business value
- Implements configuration changes, redesigns, new releases and updates to the systems environment in an effort to optimize the use of Information Technology
- Designs interfaces, processes, reports, enhancements (including custom programs), and conversions for complex and large scale application systems and reporting environments to meet business requirements
- Provides technical design and oversight for the justification and development of analytic driven data marts and/or data stores where extensions to the EDW development strategy are being considered
- Designs and performs quality assurance testing and performs unit and integration testing
- Supports development of end-user security authorizations by the end-user security authorization administration group
- Assists with annual and rolling budgeting processes, including development of planning areas, levels, packages, functions, and folders; setting development standards and guidelines for BW; and copying budget objects and data for the next year’s planning process
- Defines load hourly/daily Data Load strategy to SAP BW Production System and promptly resolves any issues with data loads
- Provides support for entire BW process, from extraction to end-user reporting, developing and maintaining extractor and update programs, managing aspects of business data from ECC and source systems into BW, and performing BW environment analysis and tuning
- Creates, maintains and monitors ODS’s, InfoCubes and Multi-Providers, and processes chain load schedules
- Analyzes business content data sources, activates and customizes if necessary; gains in-depth understanding of financial business processes; and gathers data requirements and creates appropriate BW content
- Creates technical specifications for ABAP development to create data source extractors and maintain BEX and ad-hoc queries via BEX web
- Creates or debugs Crystal Reports/BOBJ-Xcelsius, Webi Reports
- Facilitates meetings, conducts and leads presentations and/or training sessions with end-users, standardizing training and providing detailed documentation as needed
- Leads and Delivers high-level system solutions to business problems in a timely manner such as architecting proper transport paths for Crystal Reports and SAP BI to reduce number of changes to production
- Experience with MS Power BI on various application sources including BW and HANA layers
- Understands and works within corporate IT governance policies
- Uses Understands entire Business Objects tool set platform (SAP BI) to develop BI solutions and lead BI project teams Administer when needed, providing them with optimal paths to complete BI development initiatives
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time, are at the supervisor’s sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of Ten years of SAP Business Intelligence work experience with five years of demonstrated work experience in a combination of business intelligence architecture, design and development with SAP BI BW 7.5 and SAP Business Objects platform along with Data lake experience.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Services or related field is required.
MBA is preferred.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here