Controls Engineer @ Whirlpool
Your responsibilities will include
- Apply hands-on leadership of projects by justifying, planning, specifying, and driving the completion of short and long-term capital projects
- Improve efficiency through programming logic and electrical improvements
- Drive visual factory improvements through line reporting Andon systems, as well as installing new systems for data collection
- Drive manufacturing process improvements through the use of lean manufacturing and World Class Manufacturing concepts and tools
- Provide technical leadership to technicians and work teams and serve as a technical resource for the department.
- Determine the root cause of problems and implement corrective & preventive actions utilizing methods from lean manufacturing and the Focus Improvement approach
- Direct cross-functional process improvement projects with the assistance of team members from all aspects of the division
- Analyze, evaluate, and document standards according to quality system requirements such as standard operating procedures, Control Plans, and FMEAs
- Strong working knowledge of safety-related parts of control systems for industrial equipment
- Create value by leading control and automation projects, both new installations and retrofits, that improve safety, quality, production, and reduce manufacturing plant costs.
- Work closely with process and industrial engineer peers on the parent improvement projects that drive automation needs.
- Manage SCADA systems that exchange production information between plant systems and the machinery.
- Support technicians with advanced problem-solving and skill training
- Work effectively with your peers to share knowledge and leverage strengths
- Utilize excellent communication and documentation skills to transfer critical processes and support knowledge to others
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of work experience in controls and automation
Preferred skills and experiences
- Design-level knowledge of industrial machine control circuits and components
- AutoCAD proficiency in electrical schematic design
- Advanced Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI Software development capability (SLC500, Studio5000, FT View Machine Edition, VFDs)
- Experience with data collection software and methods
- Expert in modular design and problem-solving
- Software/script development and/or database experience
- Robotic and vision system experience (FANUC/ABB Robots)
- Networks, TCP/IP experience
- Knowledge of NEC, ANSI, and OSHA standards.
- Familiarity with computer programming languages is a plus
- Strong knowledge of lean principles and the ability to apply them in order to establish and/or improve processes
- Excellent planning, project management, and leadership, presentation, and communication skills
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here