Counsel-Environmental @ HollyFrontier
- Provide professional legal advice and counsel on environmental compliance issues, including air, water and waste issues.
- Assist in planning and developing solutions to environmental matters involving the Company, and advise management concerning legal rights and obligations.
- Represent the Company in enforcement actions before federal and state agencies with jurisdiction over environmental issues.
- Coordinate and assist in developing the Company’s advocacy position on future legislative and regulatory matters and participate in various industry trade organizations with focus on environmental issues.
- Provide environmental training to business teams.
- Participate in continuing legal education programs and other activities as necessary to keep informed of developments in the law, new and proposed statutes and regulations, and other matters of interest to the Company and the energy industry.
- Conduct environmental legal due diligence for possible acquisitions and dispositions.
- Manage and coordinate outside counsel’s involvement in environmental matters, including setting and maintaining budget.
- Assist in development of Company’s sustainability report, including climate change related matters.
- Provide legal support to corporate and site specific environmental audits.
- Coordinate and ensure maximum effective use of in-house and outside legal resources.
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by his/her superior, as determined from time to time in the supervisor’s sole and complete discretion, including health and safety matters.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience as a licensed attorney in environmental law at a top tier law firm, corporation or regulatory agency, with excellent knowledge of core federal environmental laws (e.g., CAA, CWA, RCRA, CERCLA) and experience navigating state counterparts.
- Experience working as legal counsel at a large public corporation or top tier-law firm.
- Experience with knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations applicable to the petroleum refining industry.
- Experience with environmental litigation and administrative/judicial enforcement matters.
- Experience counseling business and operation managers on compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here