CYCLE COUNTER @ Dollar General
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Counts each pick line and storage location for items displayed in the cycle count work queue.
- Verifies packing, retail price, and description for items being cycle counted.
- Researches and reconciles all findings daily.
- Troubleshoots inventory problems and reports inventory issues that require immediate attention to inventory or area supervisor.
- Adjusts existing inventory data when necessary.
- Completes all SBCC counts daily.
- Completes all system scheduled counts, control group counts, and food counts daily.
- Participates in quarterly cutoffs and performs counts with internal and external auditor when needed.
- Programs, troubleshoots problems with, and operates radio frequency units.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
- Validates new items and enters information into the Warehouse Management System.
- Assigns master strategies and forward pick location using daily wave sheets to ensure proper balancing.
- Enters additional item description information and updates item master.
- Researches and resolves PR pallets and monitors the PR system daily.
- Identifies and reassigns multiple items received on the same truck with different zone identifications; consolidates all items into the same zone to eliminate pallet movement between buildings.
- Produces velocity reports to identify high cube/volume items for potential pick zone movement.
- Identifies high volume items to be separated to better utilize the conveyor system.
- Communicates with the Allocations Department on the expected flow of the freight to stores.
- Runs weekly dead items reports; monitors and undedicated items with zero on-hand quantities; communicates with the Allocations Department to encourage shipment to stores.
- Runs and monitors weekly expired food items reports; verifies first-in, first-out dates to product dates.
- Runs Item Integrity reports and audits to identify and resolve inventory issues.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Intermediate math skills, analytical skills, and recognizes trends.
- Computer skills: ability to navigate specific WMS inventory control programs and Island Pacific programs; understanding of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word. Create reports from data sets to communicate information to others.
- Knowledge of UPC functionality and food date codes.
- Knowledgeable of packing and shipping units; understanding of receiving process.
- Knowledgeable of adjustment accounting such as net and absolute adjustments.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse operations to include layout and types of storage devices.
- Ability to eliminate distractions and to be able to concentrate and analyze during the counting process.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of Inbound and Outbound processes.
- Understanding of supply chain flow.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Forklift/MUOP license preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution preferred.
- Prior work experience dealing with inventory or numbers preferred.
- Educational background with satisfactory results in math; post high school education preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Heavy lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Exposure to heights above 10 feet.
- Walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Cycle Counter Lead: works mostly in an office setting but will occasionally be in distribution center.
- Cycle Counter: continuous exposure to heat, cold, dust, lighting, and noise; work is conducted in high traffic areas.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here