Data Engineer II @ Travelers Cos.
What Will You Do?
- Design and build scalable and robust data pipelines to collect, process, and distribute large volumes of data efficiently
- Build and operationalize complex data solutions, correct problems, apply transformations, and recommending data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Work with AI/ML teams to understand their business and technical problems and deliver data to support the solutions to those problems
- Create proofs of concept, demos, and minimal viable products in a test and learn environment
- Perform analysis of complex sources to determine value and use and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality.
- Collaborate within and across teams to support delivery and educate end users on complex data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for complex defects and incidents and correct as appropriate.
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data components.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Eight years of related experience
- Highly proficient use of tools, techniques, and manipulation including Cloud platforms, programming languages, and a full understanding of modern software engineering practices.
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, deliver complete solutions but release them in small batches, and identify and negotiate important tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including understanding technical concepts necessary and industry trends, and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Strong problem solver who ensures systems are built with longevity and creates innovate ways to resolve issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work collaborate well with team members and business partners.
- Ability to lead team members and help create a safe environment for others to learn and grow as engineers. and a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking team efforts.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Four years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Hybrid
View all jobs of Company: Click here