Director, U.S. Strategic Alliances, Government Affairs @ AbbVie
- Lead efforts to develop strategies and execute public policy advocacy campaigns that advance our policy priorities with external stakeholders, taking into account the policy and political considerations required to be effective.
- Set the strategy and direct campaign execution, incorporating policy research, coalition development and lobbying, in alignment with cross functional partners.
- Manage activities and outreach to stakeholders that establish or build on AbbVie’s relationships with third party stakeholders and serve as a connector and a source of credible information by consistently delivering meaningful opportunities and relevant communications to partners.
- Evaluate, with cross functional partners, the political and policy implications of campaign approaches to increase the sustainability of campaigns with changes in government.
- Develop clear and convincing messages and materials to be used by AbbVie with external stakeholders related to our U.S. public policy goals and partner directly with members of AbbVie’s Communications, Government Affairs, Commercial and Legal teams to ensure consistency and alignment across the company.
- Collaborate with U.S. Policy & Analytics, Federal Government Affairs and State Government Affairs on ways to advance our strategies, communicate our position, and incorporate policy and advocacy developments in real-time.
- Manage budget and agencies across multiple campaigns to ensure AbbVie’s goals are met, activities are aligned and resources are apportioned strategically.
- Effectively, clearly and regularly communicate goals, milestones, metrics, and events to internal and cross functional teams in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as, political science or public policy required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Eight or more years of relevant experience in either the pharmaceutical industry, government, political campaigns and/or other policy-focused role.
- Experience in issue advocacy campaigns including designing and leading coalitions and campaigns required.
- Experience in digital, social and earned media strategies on policy issues that drive engagement and action.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with the demonstrated ability to turn complex issues into compelling stories.
- A knack for creative storytelling and a desire to find innovative ways to engage policy audiences, regulators and partners and build coalitions to help achieve public policy objectives.
- Ability to lead and contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Well-honed political acumen and impeccable integrity while having the executive presence necessary to deal effectively with high-profile stakeholders such as company executives and a variety of external constituencies including governments and leadership of external organizations.
- Possesses strong analytical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills, the ability to speak and write persuasively and with clarity, strong organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements, resourcefulness and creativity, strong attention to detail, a proven track record of being able to work under deadlines and an ability to work collaboratively in a fluid organizational environment.
- Must be an individual who works well in a team environment and enjoys working in a collegial, yet highly demanding culture.
- A self-starter with a bias for action and someone with passion and a belief in our mission.
- Flexible and resilient problem solver with the willingness to build broad-based consensus and manage sensitive situations.
- Domestic travel (25 percent) required.
Experience Level: Executive
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here