EHS Engineer @ AbbVie
- Site program owner for several Health & Safety program elements.
- Oversee the site Process Safety program and participate in conducting HAZOP / PSSR.
- Works closely with relevant departments as nominated business partner and the EHS Team to promote safe practices, procedures, and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
- Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs. Operating with an enterprise perspective, delivering business results and
- Supports internal audits, management reviews and external regulatory audits.
- Supporting the introduction of new products to the site from a safety perspective
- Proposing, developing and implementing improvements and modifications from a safety perspective to Production, Warehousing and Laboratory, procedures and equipment.
- Participate in ISO 45001 Internal & External audit. Participate in Corporate EHS and Process Safety Audits and closing out non-conformances.
- Initiate and conduct cross functional accident/incident investigations.
- Monitor and review EHS corrective actions to ensure timely and effective closure.
- Assess the EHS impact of proposed changes to plant, process, equipment. Identify actions to ensure compliance and risk control.
- Ensure adherence to the site contractor management program. Including but not limited to Contractor pre-qualification reviews, permit walkdowns and contractor audits.
- Vendor management.
- Review and update EHS documentation.
- Carry out EHS Inductions for new hires.
- Analysis of EHS site data to determine and identify trends.
- Support, develop, maintain, and review safety programs to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Provide support to ensure the company’s accreditation to ISO 45001.
- Lead and promote a continuous improvement and zero accidents culture on site.
- BSc Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Process safety qualification essential.
- 5+ years’ EHS experience essential within a manufacturing facility (preferably pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industry).
- An excellent understanding of process safety and plant operations.
- Demonstrated evidence of high performance in a continuous improvement-oriented work environment.
- Strong ability to lead, challenge and positively influence in an interactive team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and proactively respond to business needs
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here