Electrical Design Engineer – Low Voltage Battery System Job @ Paccar
- Design and influence low voltage architectures to ensure reliability and longevity of 12V batteries and electrical systems for heavy commercial truck.
- Integrate battery chemistry expertise with understanding of best practice electrical architecture design and impact of electrical loads to ensure best in class battery life into Kenworth/PACCAR vehicles.
- Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
- Plan and track validation testing of components.
- Support product launch at vehicle assembly plants.
- Ensure industry leading quality and reliability is met/maintained/exceeded on all components.
- Provide interface documentation to wiring design, system architect(s), and mechanical design group.
- Contribute to development of procedures and practices that ensure quality and reliable low voltage battery systems.
- As part of a development team, perform the design and development of assigned elements of: battery definition, electrical architecture, system schematics or other electronic design practices.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BSEE or equivalent engineering degree required.
- Desired: 2-3 yrs design & release of automotive or commercial vehicle electrical systems or industry-related background.
- Experience in battery chemistry and battery applications within the commercial truck market. Design and application of electrical architecture and system integration and its impact to reliability of battery systems.
- Experience in system design using Mentor Graphics. Knowledge of DC power distribution, management, protection, fusing, practices and tools desired.
- Proficiency using Requirements Management tools, Systems Engineering tools, Creo or other 3D CAD software also desired.
- Engineering knowledge of heavy duty commercial truck safety systems, regulations, especially in the areas of: operating, service, and performance environments.
- Experience creating engineering documentation including preparation of component drawings, system schematics and diagrams, responding to Requests for Engineering Information, writing Engineering Change Notices, test coordination, support for production, and customer service.
- Solid understanding of Design for Six Sigma and Six Sigma techniques.
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
- Experience in product development and new product implementation.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Facility with personal computer software including project management tools, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally and results orientation.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here