Engineer Control Systems III @ HollyFrontier
(functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues, Solves technical problems for business unit(s)
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors systems related to process control
- Develops project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensures projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Optimizes business unit(s) and analyzes data to aid operations with decisions
- Researches and stays abreast of assigned discipline subjects, innovations and leading-edge developments
- Develops systems to document and track the testing and assist in the maintenance of the various systems
May be required to do some or all of the following:
- Participate in and facilitate incident investigations, including those unrelated to process control engineering.
- Participate in activities including: Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Management of Change (MOC), and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Process Safety related audits, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) reviews, and Process Safety action items solution development and execution.
- Devise process control schemes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost-efficient manner
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing equipment, systems, and software
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in one or more of the following fields of control systems engineering: Process control, advanced process control, instrumentation, DCS systems. A strong understanding of basic refinery or petrochemical processes is required, with operating plant experience strongly preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Direct industry experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree may be considered sufficient in compelling cases
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here