Engineer Process @ HollyFrontier
- Identify and develop modifications to optimize the process, improve reliability, improve safety, improve sustainability, or improve environmental performance. Project size may range from small single unit modifications to large capital projects involving multiple refinery process units.
- Develop project economics and work with Engineering to complete decision support packages.
- Drive assigned scoping studies and provides leadership to idea generation in Conceptual. Lead process engineering for comprehensive Conceptual content. Work with business and planning resources to develop and understand business case(s) and associated economic drivers.
- Provides engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues
- Solves technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s)
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors related equipment and performance
- Analyzes related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Develops project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensures projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Optimizes business unit(s) and analyzes data to aid operations with decisions
- Researches and stays abreast of assigned discipline subjects, innovations and leading edge developments
- Develops systems to document and track the testing and assist in the maintenance of the various systems
May be required to do some or all of the following:
- Coordinate, facilitate and document Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and participate in and facilitate incident investigations
- Provide training on PHA and Incident Investigation facilitation and general training on Management Of Change (MOC), incident investigations, PHA’s and Pre-start up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Participate in, facilitate and support Process Safety related audits and Layers Of Protection Analysis (LOPA) reviews and assist in Process Safety action items solution development
- Update the Refinery Risk Management Program (RMP) as needed
- Design plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Conduct research to develop new and improved product manufacturing processes
- Design and plan layout for product processes on a commercial scale
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations
- Implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in chemical engineering discipline. A strong understanding of basic refinery processes and the elements of process safety is required for Process Engineering discipline.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here