ENGINEERING LEAD – DATABASE RELIABILITY @ Wise
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team
- You will be responsible for the well-being of the team, coaching, mentoring and growing a high-performing team in bringing value by working on high-impact solutions.
- You will support the team with occasional hands-on involvement as a software engineer and systems operator, bringing senior engineering expertise into building solutions.
- You’ll be collaborating with other leads, engineers, product managers in the wider organization.
- Exactly what you’ll be doing day to day will vary, as our team looks at the big picture challenges we see across all of analytics, engineering and business!
Is this you?
These (and feeling comfortable with the above points) are the only must-have ones for this role – everything else is flexible!
- You are a problem solver, and are able to take ownership to deliver iterable solutions in a collaborative and open way, using agile and traditional project management techniques.
- You’re good at communicating, comfortable engaging with other teams to get things done, and willing to present to the wider organization occasionally.
- You have good leadership qualities and experience in leading data or engineering teams.
- You’re comfortable taking ownership of vendor negotiations and explaining costs to the business.
- You have a senior engineering background in Python, Golang or Java ecosystems, having high coding standards, understanding of system design and engineering principles.
- You have experience in operating with services provided by cloudservice providers such as (preferably) AWS or GCP.
- You have deep technical and up-to-date domain expertise with database technologies such as MySQL or PostgreSQL and/or distributed databases such as TiDB or Vitess, automation and self service around it.
Nice to Have
- Passionate about technology and its relationship with product and user experience.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here