FINANCIAL CRIME COMPLIANCE MANAGER – PACIFIC REGION ANZ @ Wise
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Core Compliance
- Manage and oversight compliance with Pacific (Australia and New Zealand) Financial Crime obligations, including mapping of controls and monitoring and overseeing assurance activities
- Build and maintain FCC MI dashboards that provides assurance to the Pacific lead, Pacific team, Group team and local and Group boards regarding Pacific’s compliance with fincrime obligations
- Assist in the update and maintenance of local policies, procedures and controls, whilst maintaining compliance with local laws and regulations
- Collaborate with our regulatory compliance counterparts on horizon scanning by documenting regulation updates, emerging typologies/ threats and external process changes. These will also need to be communicated to the relevant teams and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with 1LOD FCC & KYC Operations colleagues to ensure oversight of key processes, SLA’s, QA, emerging risks, resource challenges, program changes, incidents and mitigation plans
- Respond to financial crime escalations and requests submitted from 1LOD, Product and Partnership teams
- Provide guidance and challenge to 1LOD teams on the development of financial crime controls and new products or features to ensure they are effective and are compliant with local laws and regulations
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to collaborate and contribute to quarterly and annual objectives
- Engage with our regulators, bank partners and law enforcement to demonstrate, and defend, Wise’s FCC Program
- Assist with various compliance related projects and tasks as required.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Build a strong working knowledge of Wise’s products and associated fincrime systems and controls, and take initiative in identifying areas for improvement.
- You will have full ownership of necessary control changes and hold 1LOD accountable for these changes, challenging them where necessary.
- You will become embedded within the KYC team and will become the 2LOD point of contact for all KYC related queries.
- You have strong AML/CTF compliance experience and may be currently working or have worked within the area of financial crime compliance.
- You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- You are a comfortable and effective communicator in both your writing and speaking. You can convey complex ideas effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking accountability and working to tight deadlines.
- You have great people skills and can effectively and efficiently collaborate, build relationships with colleagues throughout the business and across the globe.
- You have good knowledge of CDD and EDD processes and controls. Experience of designing and overseeing a CDD/EDD program would be an advantage.
- You must be willing to travel to our other offices as required.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Knowledge of Australian and/or New Zealand Financial Crime Compliance regulations
- Compliance experience in similar Fintech companies or investments services.
- Technical data skills (e.g. comfort with advanced Excel features, understanding of SQL) would be desirable
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here