Food Technology Engineer @ Whirlpool
- Support new product design from concept development to execution
- Translate product level requirements into subsystem/module/component design criteria
- Specify parameters for appliance algorithms to meet performance targets
- Performs laboratory testing of prototypes for component and system level characterization
- Provide input to and support development of components and systems related to cooking performance (including Heating Elements, Convection Systems, Cooking Accessories, user interface)
- Develop new technical capabilities and competencies guided by the Food Network team
- Support day to day lab operations including inventory and maintaining of lab facilities
- Supports literature development for cooking related functions and features
- Technical project management: Schedule, Scope, Risk management related to the cooking performance module.
- Support food performance integration into the product.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working in a lab environment including conducting standard testing, research and/or developing test methods
Preferred skills and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Food Science or related studies is preferred
- Culinary degree, hospitality management or strong equivalent experience in culinary industry preferred
- Black Belt/Opex/Six Sigma certification a plus
- Proficient in Google Systems (email, drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Comfortable with operating and navigating computer systems in general
- Basic programming skills is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills with initiative and the desire to discover using a sequential model.
- Organized : Strong Time Management
- Ability to teach and share knowledge using documentation – A3, PDSA, DMAIC
- Demonstrates numerical and scientific abilities- uses data to analyze and communicate problems and solutions
- Able to work within a team
- Experience and interest in cooking
- Statistics – Opex BB certification (preferred)
- Understanding of chemistry and physics and an interest in food based application.
- Develop and execute test plans
- Comfortable with various cooking methods.
- Demonstrate successful cross functional team working model
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here