Global Senior Process Engineer (Biologics) @ AbbVie
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identifies biologics equipment for $multi-million capital projects working across engineering disciplines, including specifying and purchasing equipment.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs related to biologics operation including equipment selection.
- Acts as advisor to management and operating sites on applications of new advanced processing equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of solutions as part of major projects through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of strategies. Has full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of significant engineering in pharmaceutical aseptic process design, equipment selection and operation in one of the following areas: upstream and downstream biological processing.
- Has demonstrated excellence in breadth and depth of knowledge within the biologics equipment area, and is recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Experience in specifying and purchasing upstream and downstream process equipment as a subject matter expert
- Masters degree in Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years experience
- Knows the process equipment market and has contacts with the leading suppliers
- Experience in a corporate engineering group environment
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures including application of regulatory requirements.
- Exercises judgment and advises management orally or in presentations as to the appropriate actions.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and science and technology groups, and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Experience participating in or leading FMEA, Risk Assessments or investigations for biologics pharmaceutical processes.
- Worked as equipment SME in large capital projects
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here