HEAD OF COMPLIANCE AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND @ Wise
- Be accountable, for the build and execution of an effective and scalable Compliance oversight programme for the Pacific region.
- Lead and inspire a team of Compliance professionals across Australia and Singapore, that oversee both regulatory and financial crime compliance.
- Build trust with our regulators: as a senior leader you are responsible for overseeing the relationship with our regulators in the markets and working with your team to develop an effective regulatory engagement plan that considers both the routine as well as the proactive engagement strategy that you design.
- Comfortably engage in the details of projects and be able to provide technical compliance support across your immediate team and the region, being able to step in and do the job if needed.
- Manage the relationship with Wise Australia’s Board with regards to Compliance matters, by being able to speak to the detail of projects and cases.
- Collaborate with our Internal Audit function, to ensure that our assurance processes are aligned and appropriate.
- Own, maintain and update existing Pacific compliance frameworks, policies and documentation and build these out to support new products.
- Monitor our regulatory and financial crime risk, and be able to develop response plans where needed.
- Build out and strengthen our existing control framework through implementing clear and auditable processes that are consistent with regional requirements.
- Take on and own new challenges that arise in any area of the compliance programme on a project basis. Take a problem-solving approach, whether designing a new process to be implemented or driving an effort for multiple teams to work together to meet new regulatory requirements.
- As an accountable person under the Banking Executive Accountability Regime (BEAR) holder which will move to FAR, you will collaborate with other senior leaders in the region to collectively solve problems.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments by managing our compliance obligations across APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC, managing regulatory change, driving second line monitoring and oversight, and providing assurance to Group SLT, Wise Australia Board and Group Board. Support new initiatives by ensuring new initiatives are compliantly launched.
A bit about you:
Our ideal candidate will have a background in managing compliance with financial regulation, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Theory. You are an expert in regulatory and fincrime compliance (or both) having a background in Financial Regulation and a thorough knowledge of regulations in Australia and ideally New Zealand.
- Practice. You have worked in a Financial Regulation advisory role or in a Compliance team and have dealt with regulators on a regular basis. You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have experience in dealing with regulatory audits, FIU reporting, suspicious transaction monitoring etc. You understand how to build and maintain a good working relationship with regulators, policymakers etc.
- Passion. You get a kick out of improving current practices and processes and have the drive to apply different compliance strategies to develop multiple compliance frameworks. You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Get the job done. You are a problem-solver. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Communication. You’re a strong relationship builder across all levels of the business and externally. You lead by example and can demonstrate the Wise values in all your actions.
- Development. You’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities of working at a fast growing scale-up and are looking to get into FinTech or payments compliance.
Experience Level: Executive
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here