HEAD OF PRODUCT COMPLIANCE – WISE PLATFORM @ Wise
This is a first line Product Compliance team lead role, embedded in the Wise Platform team.
You, together with the Wise Platform team, will be responsible to:
- empower Product Teams to build compliant by design new products and services by advising them on how to implement regulatory requirements in a customer-oriented way while fully adhering to regulatory requirements;
- ensure that regulatory analysis of new products and services are performed and well-documented, and that related controls are implemented consistently prior to launch.
Regulatory risk and remediation:
- collaborate with Regional 1st and 2nd line Compliance teams and Product teams, to ensure remediation plans are agreed upon across lines and executed timely;
- advise Product and operational teams on how to interpret regulatory requirements or improve processes to avoid regulatory breaches and/or incidents.
Third Parties Relationships:
- represent Wise in external meetings with Banking Partners and Regulators, being able to clearly and effectively articulate Wise Platform offer;
- provide input on regulatory related agreements and clauses, always representing Wise customer-oriented culture while ensuring compliance.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- grow your hands-on Fintech knowledge at full speed;
- keep compliance right at the heart of the product development cycle, in a fast-moving environment;
- be empowered to identify regulatory issues and take a lead in their remediation.
- ability to prioritize effectively and call-out what are the key areas of improvement and implementation required from a regulatory point of view;
- ability to effectively communicate with Product Managers and Engineers and provide practical, actionable, and value added recommendations;
- problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulation together with data to drive business decisions;
- a natural owner, that drives and delivers project from inception to completion, timely and with attention to the details;
- experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing environment;
- previous financial regulation advisory role or experience in a compliance/legal department (i.e. Head of Compliance in a SAAS start-up);
- ability to analyze and interpret complex regulatory frameworks and apply them effectively;
- ability to deal with multiple regulatory domains (i.e. regulatory permissions, consumer, fincrime, security, privacy, etc.) and to understand how they interact with one-another;
- willingness to travel, as Wise offices are located across different countries; and
- legally authorized to work in the UK.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- experience in building a team from the beginning
- experience with Confluence, Jira
- experience working with global teams
- experience in Correspondent banking
Experience Level: Executive
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here