In-Field Medical Advisor – Gastroenterology @ AbbVie
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
So, what do you need to do this role?
- Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with key external experts and academic centers; this will involve supporting and coordinating advisory boards, round-table meetings, discussion fora etc
- Deliver scientific presentations and medical education programs to healthcare professionals individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where appropriate using the medical Challenger mindset.
- Provide expert medical/scientific advice for assigned products and related therapeutic areas, including responding to requests for scientific/technical information.
- Develop and maintain in depth knowledge for assigned product(s)/relevant therapeutic area(s) through attendance/participation at key internal meetings/training sessions, relevant congresses, and seminars and by regular self-study of the national/international literature. Monitor the environment for competitive intelligence and develop summaries of key messages and trends for both internal and external use.
- Deliver internal scientific training.
- Clinical Research Activities:
a. Implement clinical research projects in order to fill identifies evidence gaps, within defined standards and budgets (e.g. Phase IV, post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, and PMOS’s).
b. Provide the required oversight to manage review, approval and conduct of IIS studies.
c. Support the affiliate Clinical Research Department in the management of clinical studies, as appropriate (e.g. review new clinical study protocols, identifying potential investigators/sites, conducting feasibility surveys, support enrolment).
- Review promotional material to ensure the medical/scientific content is correct and fully compliant with AbbVie’s internal policies and guidelines and applicable local codes etc.
- Provide medical/scientific support to marketing strategies/Brand Plans and key commercial initiatives, as required, and ensure implementation of Medical Functional Plans.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie’s policies and procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
- Provide support to cross-functional affiliate teams. It is anticipated that this individual will be approximately 50% in office and 50% in field (this is subject to business need)
- PhD, Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Registered Nurse, or equivalent is preferred.
- Medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent is preferred.
- Strong self-leadership with proven initiative and team-player mentality
- Expert knowledge in a relevant therapeutic specialty and/or ability to rapidly gain expertise and process information.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and the design of protocols is an advantage.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid changes
- Business acumen/understanding
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here