Instrument Engineer @ PBF Energy
- Responsible for the application and improvement of instrumentation including connected devices and is recognized as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for instrumentation with proficiencies in the application and interpretation of the Company standards, site legacy standards, and standards in industry.
- Responsible for budget tracking and estimating five-year budget outlook for instrument & controls improvement plans that align with business goals and objectives. Plan will focus on strategic goals and implementation steps to inform Reliability counterparts to separately track continued improvements of equipment performance.
- Gathers improvement feedback from Operations, Reliability & Maintenance disciplines to improve/correct capital designs, installations, and increase plant equipment uptime.
- Provide quality control and design reviews of new projects that involve any instrumentation apparatus/system
- Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, Operations and Mechanical personnel
- Provide leadership and oversight for equipment record tracking to ensure correct as-built information is filed and accessible in Doc Mgm.
- Track, evaluate, and report project performance objective indicators to validate project ROI.
- Use the industry methodology to prove-in-service the instrumentation to be successfully applied. Identifies and evaluates technology upgrades with application opportunities in capital projects through peer review process with Maintenance & Reliability.
- Mentors less experienced engineers and provides technical training to Process, Mechanical, Environmental, Safety, and Operations personnel
- Provide assistance in the field during capital start-ups, testing, tuning and tracking shutdowns or upsets
- Provide troubleshooting assistance
- Willing to be available outside of normal working hours to serve as technical consultant
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis expertise and support as needed for equipment failures
- Generates project estimates and sketches needed to obtain funding.
- Specifies equipment, installation materials, and quotations for procurement.
- Creates work/bid packages to obtain engineering services and installation quotations.
- Familiar with SAP for entering purchase requisitions and searching warehouse stock.
- Generates and follows management of change process.
- BS in an Engineering discipline. Skilled in process unit operations.
- Logic proficiencies: Configuration definitions for Bently-Nevada vintages and Woodward products, Triconex logic coding and structured text, PLC ladder logic and function blocks, relay logic & component assembly
- Conversant in related industry standards, e.g., ISA S84/IEC 61511, API 560/611-619/670, NFPA 85
- Minimum experience required is 7 years preferably in the chemical, oil and gas industry supporting Electrical / Instrumentation in a plant environment
- Must possess expertise in instrumentation applications. Knowledgeable in installation and maintenance practices with detailed understanding of the instrumentation process applications, programs, and strategies.
- Must possess strategic and creative thinking abilities.
- Must possess interactive skills necessary for teamwork building. This position acts as the focal point for instrumentation reliability and works closely with the Process, Mechanical & Technical for solutions development.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Skilled verbal and written communications and possess computer skills needed for communications and analysis.
- Knowledgeable in process safety management practices and risk management
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, assist peers, manage short deadlines and emergency situations
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here