Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer @ PBF Energy
- Responsible for the application ICS integration of directly connected devices and interface to off-platform systems. Is recognized as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for instrumentation and control systems with proficiencies in the application and interpretation of the Company standards, site legacy standards, and industry standards.
- Responsible for budget tracking and estimating for 5-year OpEx & CapEx budget outlook for I&C improvement plans that align with business goals and objectives. Plans will focus on strategic goals and implementation steps to track continued improvements of system performance.
- Issues ICS feedback to Reliability, Capital, & Maintenance disciplines to improve/correct designs and installations.
- Provides quality control, maintainability & design reviews of new projects that connect to systems.
- Works cooperatively in a team environment with other Engineering disciplines, Operations and Maintenance.
- Provides leadership and oversight for system health and obsolescence tracking to ensure correct as-built information is filed and accessible in Doc Management.
- Ensures project performance objectives are met and timely installations are complete.
- Uses independent and vendor prescribed methodology to prove-in-service the systems to be successfully applied. Identifies and evaluates technology upgrades with application opportunities in capital projects through peer review process with Operations, Maintenance and Reliability.
- Mentors less experienced Engineers and provides technical training to Process, Mechanical, Environmental, Safety, and Operations personnel.
- Assists in the field during capital start-ups/turnover, testing, tuning and tracking shutdowns or upsets.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Willing to be available outside of normal working hours to serve as technical consultant.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis expertise and support as needed for system component failures.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Skilled in Process Unit Operations.
- Platform proficiencies preferred: Bentley-Nevada, Woodward Governors & ProTech, Triconex, PLC’s (Allen-Bradley, Modicon or similar), relay logic & component assembly, DCS vintages (Honeywell, Foxboro, Emerson or similar)
- Applied knowledge in these industry standards: ISA S84/IEC 61511, API 556/560/611-619/670, NFPA 85
- Minimum experience preferred is 7 years possibly in the chemical, oil and gas related industry supporting Controls, Electrical, and Instrumentation in a plant environment.
- Must possess expertise in system applications. Knowledgeable in installation and maintenance practices with detailed understanding of the instrumentation/system process applications, programs, and strategies.
- Must possess strategic and creative thinking abilities.
- Interactive skills imperative for our teamwork environment. This position acts as the focal point for the systems reliability and works closely with the Process, Technical, Maintenance & Turnaround for solutions development through execution.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and possess computer skills needed for communications and analysis.
- Knowledgeable in industry standards and practices including process safety management practices & risk management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, manage short deadlines & emergency situations, and support plants off-hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here