Instrumentation Support Technician 2nd Shift (GR 22) Job @ Paccar
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Prepares, and installs test instrumentation on a heavy-duty diesel truck for testing.
- Remove and replace test parts before and after testing.
- Supports test cell operators during test as needed.
- Troubleshoot test vehicle issues that affect instrumentation operation of the truck during test.
- Maintain organized project documentation; communicates activity, status and issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the highest level of work area cleanliness and organization.
- Perform duties safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Support and perform test lab maintenance as needed.
- Install and program data acquisition equipment.
- Collect, monitor, and post-process test data.
- Develop specialized test equipment as needed.
- Operate engine monitoring software such as ATI and Calterm
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair chassis dynamometer test cell equipment under direction
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Associate in Technical Arts degree in Diesel Power Technology or equivalent
- Associate in Technical Arts degree in Instrumentation Technology or equivalent
- High School Graduate with vocational training AND 3-5 years of experience in any of the following:
Automotive or heavy truck repair and maintenance
Marine or powersports repair and maintenance
Industrial equipment repair and maintenance
- Good computer skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to manage personal workload and willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient in troubleshooting vehicle issues, (powertrain and powertrain electronics)
- Microsoft Office software proficiency desired
- Machining, welding and fabrication skills are a plus
- Experience supporting Engine Cooling System and Automotive HVAC systems
- Commercial Driver License is a plus
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here