Lead – Medical & Scientific Affairs – AA India@ AbbVie
This position is responsible for:
1. Current and upcoming Medical Aesthetics portfolios and their associate indications.
2. Medical representative for compliance (in- & out-office), for media regarding medical aesthetics
3. Own and drive Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) engagement
4. Lead scientific exchange with HCPs
5. Lead brand strategy, budget management, development of tactical planning in collaboration with brand team in marketing department
6. Contribute to the total competency of the Medical Affairs, not limited to technical aspects.
7. 50% Travel is required based on business requisites
· Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Allergan initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas.
· Executes against the Medical Affairs plan for India.
· Provides scientific education and training initiatives across Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
· Performs field visits with key physicians and stakeholders, organizing advisory board meetings, facilitating clinical trials, and serving as the medical resource for both external and internal stakeholders.
· This position is a non-promotional role. The primary focus is providing Healthcare Professionals with fair and balanced scientific information.
· Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Allergan. Works closely with other Allergan personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met.
· A high level of travel / field time is to be expected within this position (approximately 60% of time spent outside the office). This role will also serve as the local representative of the Global Medical Office associated functions. (eg PV, HEOR etc)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
% of Time or
· Business Planning:
o Work closely with the Commercial leaders and Associate Dir, Medical Affairs to set priorities, and activities.
o Develop strategies and Tactics for Medical Aesthetics portfolio and implement/execute them within timely manner to align to commercial strategies as budgeted.
o Develop and maintain awareness and understanding of competitor issues/intelligence.
o Contribute to the development of and maintain competitiveness and growth within the market and communicate intelligence to the commercial team as appropriate.
15· Internal Training:
Facilitate training to Allergan field sales teams and others to ensure up-to-date knowledge of Allergan’s Aesthetic products, relevant disease states and conditions. Provide interpretation and perspective to competitor activities.
Assist in the evaluation of sales team members’ skill and knowledge.
Assist in the development of training materials, exams and evaluative process for field sales teams.
10· External Training and Education:
o Through field visits, improve doctors’ awareness of Allergan’s Aesthetic products. Share scientific data supporting their use, train professionals in their proper use, and develop physician’s expertise and comfort in prescribing their use.
o Work closely with the commercial team to facilitate training to physicians, and provide proper engagement to thought leaders and doctors externally. Help shape the company’s leadership image within the specialty area.
o Ensure the future success of Allergan by identifying doctors-in-training with specialty interests which lie within the company’s therapeutic range and fostering relationships through educational initiatives.
o Provide scientific and clinical information to Healthcare Professionals on request.
30 Thought Leadership:
o Identify key researchers and physicians critical to the knowledge base and disease awareness relevant to the success of each of Allergan’s Aesthetic products in the specialty area.
o Facilitate greater understanding of medical practice patterns, educational and training needs; organize local activities with the key stakeholders.
o Present and communicate Allergan’s scientific perspective and vision at customer meetings; plan meeting agendas with key stakeholders; interpret feedback and results.
o Ensure the maintenance of key relationships with physicians and administrators of specialty societies.
30· Phase IV trials/Clinical Studies:
o Identify and prioritize phase IV and investigator initiated study needs; ensure that the approval process and execution of all phase IV and IITs follow Allergan guidelines and policies.
· Pharmacovigilance/Compliance: Responsible for providing support to Local Safety Officers (LSOs) on local PV issues and actions as required. Liaises with Regional PV Lead (RPL) on which support is needed e.g. assistance in product safety issues, HA inspections/audits, CAPAs, and training activities as required
10· Clinical Expertise:
1. Keep up-to-date on the status of the scientific developments in the specialty areas within own country, Asia-Pacific and globally.
2. Attend key relevant medical congresses locally, and as required, internationally for the purpose of extending medical knowledge, supporting the commercial team with medical expertise, establishing new business relationships, and strengthening existing relationships.
5Education and Experience
ØStrong preference for medical degree (MD or MBBS)
ØMinimum of 2 – 7 years of medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with specialized therapeutic areas
ØRelated specialist in Dermatology or experience in Dermatology, Plastic surgery or Medical Aesthetics therapeutic area is preferred
ØMedical affairs experience in various activities such as advisory board management, publication, and other scientific exchange
ØGood understanding of domesticmarket
ØExperience in establishing strong influential relationships with KOLs
·Good understanding on multinational culture and ways of working
·Experience of working collaboratively and cross-functionally in a matrix structure, supporting multiple stakeholders
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
ØGood leadership skills and able to persuade at all levels within the organization (including Commercial team) as well as with external customers (KOLs, HCPs, etc.)
ØThinking strategically and being able to develop and execute plans at country level
ØSpecifically, able to understand in-depth knowledge and clinical aspects of the medical aesthetics
ØExcellent presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills
ØAble to engage HCPs and communicate effectively with them as well as medical institution and/or association
ØComply to all business ethic and all applicable regulations to secure personal credibility and integrity as well as Allergan
ØDemonstrated ability to learn quickly and convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively to individuals with varying degrees of scientific acumen.
ØVerbal & written English skills
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here