Leak Detection Engineer @ HollyFrontier
(functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Configures, implements and maintains the leak detection software models for pipeline leak detection
- Troubleshoot and support pipeline hydraulic operations
- Works with Operations Control and Pipeline Integrity to determine critical assets and prioritization
- Strong knowledge in fluid dynamics and mechanics.
- Understanding of pipeline instrumentation.
- Monitor and tune the software leak detection models
- Ensure the leak detection and rupture detection systems meet all applicable regulations
- Design and maintain a dashboard with KPIs on the leak detection system performance
- Work with management to implement API 1175
- Knowledge of a data historian.
- Performs elementary to complex engineering calculations and data analysis (i.e. mass and energy balances, hydraulic calculations and assessments, SMYS calculations and assessments, conversion calculations and/or plotting pipeline hydraulic gradients)
- Train Control room personnel on the leak detection system and pipeline hydraulics
- Gathers, analyzes, interprets, acts upon, and disseminates pertinent data from the SCADA system, pipeline leak detection system and data historians.
- Review and make recommendations pertaining to proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or more modern software or hardware.
- Evaluate, hire and supervise contractors as needed
- Perform additional technical work as required by assignment and/or manager
- Accept after hour calls.
- Provide Engineering Oversite on Leak Detection Projects
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in engineering discipline. Emphasis on Pipeline Hydraulics and Operations
Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred. SCADA or leak detection, experience with pipeline models and leak detection systems and software and control system (OaSys), programming experience and data analytics is preferred.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here