Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting @ Southern
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting is required
- CPA strongly preferred
- An advanced degree is desirable.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- 15+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial reporting including solving complex analytical problems and working in a fast-paced environment strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in the following areas:
- Consolidations and reviewing journal entries & reconciliations.
- Financial Statement preparation and review
- Performing analysis and presenting on financial transactions and results
- Oracle Financials application
- Leading and developing teams and process improvements
- Substantial knowledge of the following:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Natural gas or electric industry, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) System of Accounts and orders
- Securities and Exchange Commission rules and reporting requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Hybrid
View all jobs of Company: Click here