Packaging Engineer @ AbbVie
- Review all proposed changes by vendors and coordinates required activities with above site (IM&E, S&T), and site Quality, Operations and Planning/Supply Chain units.
- Provide risk assessments required for change controls that determine qualification requirements for new and/or changes to current components.
- Assist with implementing new components and changes to current components and packaging processes into Operations.
- Serve as a SME for packaging at the site. Own and execute change controls related to packaging components.
- Troubleshoot issues related to packaging components and working with Operations, Quality, and vendors to reduce/eliminate issues. Work with Operations and component vendors to reduce/eliminate downtime due to packaging component issues.
- Independently plan and conduct small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Manage multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
- Manage non-conformance, corrective/preventative action GTW records related to packaging components.
- Actively participate in the resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Provide technical guidance and may participate in the evaluation of assigned staff/project team members and in the identification of development needs. May supervise other engineers or technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Packaging, the sciences, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence in engineering and/or operational experience.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering and/or operational experience, with an emphasis in packaging engineering preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, TrackWise, AutoCAD, and MS Project.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to preform risk analysis and assess data to help drive required technical service needs, compliance, and process improvement initiatives.
- Experience in manufacturing/packaging of pharmaceutical products. Experience working in a GMP regulated environment highly preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here