Paralegal @ HollyFrontier
- Manages and leads document preparation and retention of resolutions, proxy statement, special projects such as acquisition and merger related activities, and other related legal documents.
- Provides legal assistance to the Legal Department SVP and attorneys and acts as a liaison between the company and outside counsel, third parties, and in-house employees. In addition to, working with company employees on cross-functional special projects and initiatives.
- Reviews, prepares, administers and maintains accurate and up-to-date information, systems, reports and other related documents (agreements, contracts and legal memoranda) in the corporate database for government and other reporting entities to ensure all legal entities (including international) maintain compliance and reflect current legal relationships
- Coordinates all materials and documents (financial and legal) required for review at specified meetings, and obtains all necessary approvals including, but not limited to, external lawyers and auditors
- Codes, approves for payment, obtains signatures, and ensures accurate payment of all legal fees for domestic (US) and foreign legal entities
- Coordinates correspondence to outside corporate directors
- Performs legal and factual research and analyzes past case law impacting corporate strategies, statutes, recorded judicial decisions, trademarks and patents, legal articles, constitutions, and legal codes
- Provides executive administrative support to the legal department’s SVP and at times the attorneys
- Organizes, tracks, and collects project files, contract expiration dates, filing deadlines, calendaring, and metrics
- Monitors and maintains company intellectual property portfolio and assists in filing patent, trademark, and copyright applications
May include some or all of the following depending upon assignment:
- Provides specialized paralegal support (e.g. SEC filing or contract administration)
- Maintains corporate minute books
- Reviews and monitors new and updated laws and regulations in relevant fields of law, including telecommunications, corporate governance, information security, intellectual property and government contracting
- Interviews clients to gather background information needed for contract review and preparation
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of zero to eight years of paralegal experience handling unique and complex situations, transactions and documents required. Must have proven history working and directing with outside counsel
A minimum of a Bachelors Degree or the equivalent number of years of directly related experience is required.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here