Part- Time Deli Clerk – SHOPPERS Food ( Waldorf- Maryland) @ Supervalu
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Answers the department telephone promptly when called upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Takes customer orders at the deli counter, slices product for customer service and weigh, date, price, label and wrap all product.
- Reviews orders for the day and processes accordingly.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
- Monitors temperatures of all hot and cold units for proper holding procedures.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis.
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
- Clean all equipment in the Deli/Bakery department on a daily basis.
- Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, stocking, ordering).
- Ensures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions, request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet, color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must have the ability to handle refrigerated and frozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from freezer.
- Must be able to participate in the preparation of salads, sandwiches, fried chicken, fish, etc.
- Must be able to safely operate a slicer and fryer for the production of sliced meats and cheeses and fried foods.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Experience Level: Entry Level
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here