Permitting Coordinator @ Southern
Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills):
• Minimum High School Diploma: however, a Bachelor’s degree in construction management is highly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in permitting or equivalent task OR a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management in combination with work experience.
• Ability to read and interpret regulatory requirements for permitting process.
• Ability to write complete and submit permit applications to regulatory agencies.
• Ability to work with multiple parties to complete application and submit to agencies in a timely manner.
• Ability to understand blueprints/Construction Documents on a high level.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer construction permitting program for installation of switchgear, engine-generators, and microgrids at various locations throughout the US.
• Coordinate multiple projects at once to ensure timely submittal of applications.
• Review regulatory requirements for permitting process and complete permit applications as required.
• Work with engineering group to obtain necessary drawings/submittals to complete application as required.
• Review project and determine need for required permits including building/construction permits and other permits as applicable.
• Meet with AHJ personnel (either in person or via phone calls/emails) to expedite their permitting process.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to travel, drive for long durations, travel by airlines. Work from Home Office, travel to AHJ’s to meet with AHJ personnel, meetings at DI Campus in Durham, NC when needed, meeting with Manager of Permitting and Licensing in Atlanta, GA when needed.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here