Project Manager – Midstream @ HollyFrontier
(functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Defines projects, working with business managers and SMEs determining project business case, objectives, risks, and scope. Propose technical strategies and provide technical assistance to business unit(s)
- Analyzes economics of each project where appropriate and calculates ROI for proposed projects
- Prepare and present project execution plans and AFE estimates for funding and approval to proceed
- Build, manage and motivate cross-functional project teams composed of internal and external resources through the lifespan of each project. Assign tasks and require accountability, ensure compliance with all regulatory, environmental, safety and facility requirements. Ensure proper representation from key departments including but not limited to: Engineering, Asset Manager and Coordinators, Operators, Scheduling, Environmental, Regulatory, Safety and IMP.
- Provide oversight and coordination for designs and builds of pipeline, facility, and plant additions and modifications, support engineering design utilizing internal and 3rd party resources, manages outside engineering productivity and cost, manages version control, distribution, reviews and signoff of drawing and design packages
- Prepare and manage, with the support of the Procurement department and SMEs, RFPs and bid packages, bid events, work orders, requisitions, and purchase orders for materials and services. Participate in vendor selection and manage bid evaluations. Conduct bid walks when appropriate. Cultivate and manage relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Improves profitability through controlling cost, schedule, quality and creative thinking by tracking engineering and contractor timesheets and spend, managing scope and change orders, and focusing on the quality and safety on the projects being executed
- Manage the development and completion of project job plans, MOCs, risk registers, PSSRs and other pre and post construction documentation
- Schedule and coordinate construction activities with contractors, facility operations, scheduling, safety, control room, and other impacted departments
- Manage the execution of projects, monitoring performance, taking corrective actions, providing feedback to project direction to the team. Host regular project team meetings and be on site at critical junctures as appropriate.
- Manage and track contractor and inspector time sheets, track expenditures
- Completes projects, delivering project outputs, wrapping-up administrative details, and conducting project closeout meetings and other related actions
- Regularly manage and update schedule, spend, forecast, status updates performance. Work with Project Controls to ensure management receives accurate information, evaluate performance and plan corrective actions. Support Project Controls with financial and schedule detail required for reporting
- Provide project documentation and operating analysis for management, ensuring important equipment documentation and drawings are received, properly recorded, and stored for future reference, provides management with regular updates regarding completion of milestones and significant accomplishments, and communicates progress and problems in a timely manner
- Utilize past knowledge and experience to ensure safe, environmentally secure, and efficient operations
Special assignments for continued development and/or cross-functional training or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years in petrochemical, midstream or refining industry and two years in a project management related role is required
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and/or Bachelor’s of Business or Science degree.
Technical experience in area of specialty. Ability to stay abreast of new technology and industry developments and processes and apply knowledge analytically. Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and commonly used engineering and project management concepts and experience. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Design oversight ability in at least one of the following areas: Mechanical Design, Electrical Design, Instrumentation/Controls Design, Civil Design, Metallurgy. Ability to marshal, motivate and manage resources. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, basic reading and writing skills, and ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here