SAP Finance Systems Business Analyst @ PBF Energy
- Serve as a Business Analyst with the responsibility to ensure that the systems and processes accomplish the specified objectives and requirements of the Finance organization and related teams.
- Support and Operations
- Responsible for understanding, vetting and addressing identified break-fixes
- Support month end and year end close activities in SAP and Integrated applications
- Support and participate in operational initiatives as needed (such items can include: security input/testing, archiving input/testing, partnership/validations of system patching / upgrades etc)
- Responsible for completing various implementations from small independent improvements to leading workstream teams for large projects. These initiatives can include the development of new system functionality or processes, upgrades, and other improvements.
- Lead the implementation and ensure milestones, timelines, and deliverables are met
- Ensure initiatives are executed according to PBF policies and procedures throughout the lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Build, Testing, Training, Deploy and Sustain phases)
- Complete or manage configuration and development to implement the solution
- Communicate and liaison with business units and stakeholders to ensure commitment, communication, and successful adoption
- Partner with third party vendors and/or other teams to facilitate delivery of successful solutions that consider business requirements/process, maintenance, flexibility, and scalability
- Develop relationships and feedback loops with stakeholders and end users in the Finance area so that the business is comfortable and trusting of IT’s help / partnership to address concerns and drive continuous improvement of the application
- Serve as a liaison between business, functional and technical resources to manage and deliver improvements, project deliverables and resolution of issues.
- Partner with the change and release management team during the Lifecycle of a support, improvement, or project request
- Utilize the PBF IT Applications process and methodology for all initiatives
- Be proactive in identifying ways to improve business practices, strengthen controls, and create efficiencies
- Participate in other activities and initiatives deemed necessary to support the Business and the IT organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related area or equivalent experience
- 5+ years business analyst or functional analyst experience in SAP FINANCE Modules, including FI (NEW GL), CO, AR, AP, ASSETS, BANKING, AND PROJECT SYSTEMS.
- Knowledge of other SAP integrated modules, including MM, PM and BW and/or integrated applications (Readsoft, PowerPlan, Track or SABRIX) is highly desired
- Previous Finance business experience is a plus
- Minimum 3yrs. practical experience leading functional teams, demonstrating an ability to foster teamwork in order to execute all phases of a request or issue lifecycle (including development/configuration, documentation, testing, training, deployment)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving proficiency
- Self-reliant Individual with demonstrated ability to quickly add value to an organization
- Demonstrated experience working with business users and team members across multiple locations and departments
- Proven ability to learn new processes/applications in order to support related users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to discuss issues and initiatives appropriately with all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate clearly and facilitate meetings with specific outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate conflict while working with parties toward acceptable solution which satisfies the spirit of the requirement
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Sharepoint
- Expected Travel – 20%
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here