Search and Evaluation Strategy Director & Chief of Staff @ AbbVie
- Provide TA level BD strategy support including partnering with TA leadership to develop and set TA BD priorities in line with overall pipeline goals
- Ensure pull through against our TA level BD strategy including prioritization of targets and capabilities of interest and leading multiple cross-functional External Innovation strategic initiatives
- Support the BD Strategy planning process and communication of our BD strategy to leadership
- Provide dedicated support when a large deal is active by acting as a bridge and integrator across functions (e.g., R&D, Commercial, Finance, BD and S&E)
- Lead developing materials to enable executive leadership decision-making on large deals
- Provide support to BD&A/S&E leads for ongoing transactions, including background market, financial or scientific background.
- Translate overarching strategies into various tactical plans that help achieve TA-specific and shared BD goals.
*Level of the role will be determined based on candidate experience level
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred. Minimum years of experience – 12+ with Bachelors, 10+ with Masters and 8+ with PHD with experience driving large cross-functional initiatives / projects
- Strong understanding of the drug development, regulatory, and commercialization process for evaluation of pharmaceutical opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment, foster team consensus-building and deliver timely results
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate strategies and recommendations to executive-level audiences
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills to understand financial evaluations and drive fact based decision making
- Demonstrated ability to directly lead a team strongly preferred.
Experience Level: Executive
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here