SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER – COMPROMISED ACCOUNTS @ Wise
What is the team vision and main challenges?
- The team’s mission is to “prevent the loss of customer assets and associated costs of scams and account takeover fraud while minimising the impact on legitimate customers.”
- Balancing reducing fraud on the platform while minimising the impact on good customers is an interesting challenge. We must minimise losses without stunting the growth of the business.
- As a relatively new team, we have the opportunity to design and implement brand new fraud controls from scratch, driven by our machine learning models.
- Keep the reporting platform scalable and secure using state-of-the-art technology frameworks and patterns.
- Automate manual work as much as possible to improve the efficiency of our operational agents.
What does it take?
- A strong product mindset and a passion for customer experience. You prioritise work with the customers in mind and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain points.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, query optimisation, and designing schemas.
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in quality test coverage.
- You have 7+ years of Java 8+ knowledge and experience with the Spring framework.
- You believe in and follow best coding practices, code reviews, and open feedback.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Distributed and Concurrent Systems.
- Hands-on knowledge of system integration patterns.
- Any experience working in Financial Crime or security would be a plus.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here