Senior CNC Programmer Job @ Paccar
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Inputs necessary program to allow machine tool path commands to process geometry.
- Performs necessary layout work for part dimensions and converts to numerical machine commands using graphics based CNC software Esprit.
- Develops or customizes CNC programs to operate CNC equipment.
- 4 axis horizontal machining centers
- 2 and 4 axis CNC lathes
- 3 to 5 axis mill turn centers
- Provides interface with machine operators to prove out and optimize CNC tapes.
- Provides interface with the design engineering to optimize part design for manufacture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- May direct the work activities of the other CNC staff.
- Esprit programming experience
- Demonstrated ability gained through two (2) to three (3) years with CNC machine tool applications experiences, including working knowledge of blueprints, appropriate programming languages and software.
- Degree in Science / Technology or equivalent experience or graduation from high school with coursework in math, algebra, and trigonometry.
- Two (2) years of experience with PACCAR
- CREO Parametric CAD experience or similar
- Experience using Microsoft Access
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust. A very mobile position requiring lots of walking on concrete floors. Must be able to bend, squat, reach, and grab parts and inspect machinery. Must be able to wear PPE, personal protective equipment required to move throughout the shop. This position requires mobility around heavy machinery, forklifts, and loud noise.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here