Senior Data Engineer Hybrid @ Hartford Financial Services Group
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to create, troubleshoot, enhance complex code in Snowflake, Cloud (AWS), Python\PySpark to support data analytics and reporting efforts.
- Experience in performing ETL utilizing MSBI, SQL Server and ORACLE PL/SQL is highly preferred.
- Data integration and experience in distributed data systems – expert in effectively linking, transforming and transferring of data between multiple On-Prem or Cloud based applications.
- Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
- Act as a Technical Leader that provides technical guidance and best practices and drives the team towards successful delivery.
- Consults with functional management in the analysis of short- and long-term business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business needs.
- Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises, tests and implements efficient, cost-effective application program solutions (e.g., codes and/or reuses existing code using program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions)
- Prepares charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems, utilizing various business, scientific, engineering, and mathematical techniques.
- Analyzes existing system and programming logic to provide more efficient machine operations or to identify difficulties, and revises the logic and procedures involved as necessary.
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems design.
- Support and quickly respond to Production issues and requirements clarifications.
- Coordinate as needed between multiple disciplines such as, Architects, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, and Developers to get technical clarity leading to design, develop and implementation of business solution.
- Oversight of quality and completeness of detailed technical specifications, solution designs, and code reviews as well as adherence to the non-functional requirements.
- Participate as active agile team member to help drive feature refinement, user story completion, code review, etc.
- Identify, document, and communicate technical risks, issues and alternative technical solutions discovered during project.
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline and 7 or more years of experience in IT systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong data warehouse applications knowledge in preferably in financial/insurance domain is required
- 5+ years of experience in AWS cloud and Python/ PySpark.
- Snowflake database experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of data analysis, manipulation, and development.
- 1+ years of experience in the insurance or investment industry is preferred.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in performing ETL through SSIS/SSRS and MS SQL Server Database is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Unix/Linux Shell scripting, Autosys/Airflow scheduling tool is preferred
- Knowledge of GitHub version control tools and DevOps tools like Jenkins and UDeploy
- Knowledge of Data Profiling, Data Modeling and Database design is key to this role.
- Ability to design, implement, and oversee complex ETL processes.
- Familiarity with emerging data centric technologies such as data virtualization.
- Ability to choose and effectively utilize data wrangling technologies.
- Ability to drive end-to-end solution delivery involving multiple platforms and technologies with medium to large complexity.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate risks and tradeoffs of technology solutions to senior leaders with translations as needed for business leaders.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Hybrid
View all jobs of Company: Click here