Senior Director, Chief Labor and Employment Counsel @ Whirlpool
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing intellectual property protection strategies related to assigned Whirlpool innovation and technology areas.
- Advising on patent strategy, and managing the filing, prosecution, and maintenance of Whirlpool’s global patent portfolio.
- Negotiating intellectual property-related contracts, including M&A, confidentiality, development, and license agreements, and assisting in negotiation of more general commercial agreements, including procurement and service agreements.
- Investigating and pursuing opportunities to enforce Whirlpool’s intellectual property and monetize its intellectual property assets
- Establishing product clearance plans and reviewing and advising on freedom-to-operate risks.
- Providing intellectual property advice and training to the engineering and business teams.
- Developing and improving the processes and systems that enable the patent function within the law department to efficiently deliver a sophisticated intellectual property strategy.
- Provide thought leadership in advancing Whirlpool’s business strategy through intellectual property.
- Organize and lead strategic legal projects, including building relationships and inspiring cross-functional collaboration.
- Design and implement efficient and effective processes for meeting the business’s need for legal strategies and support.
- Recognize and cut to the core of legal issues and then provide a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Be relied upon to effectively and independently manage major projects. Communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences, both in writing and verbally.
- JD from an accredited law school, with strong academic credentials and Bar Admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
- Approximately 5-10 years of legal experience as an attorney.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large volume of concurrent projects.
- Strong analytical, organization, communication, and project management skills.
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Experience in patent or trade secret litigation, IP transactions, patent monetization, and global patent portfolio management.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here