Senior Director, Software Engineering – Risk Tech @ Capital One Financial
• Lead and inspire an organization of software engineers and technology associates.
• Own and drive the transformation in the Risk Management Space – as we transform to a fully automated operating and reporting environment. This includes reducing manual processes, de-duplicating systems, and shortening the time needed for solutions to deliver customer value and regulatory compliance.
• Shift the culture from a project-based mindset to a product-mindset, leveraging user-centered design and agile methodologies.
• Transition the organization away from legacy COTS software integrations to a portfolio of modern platforms and services.
• Internally develop and deploy software, leveraging open-source technologies, machine learning, and data transformation.
• Continue to lead and champion our transition to a DevOps culture, while instilling operational excellence in all aspects of delivery.
• Lead experiments and drive maturity in applying emerging technology disciplines including robotic process automation, machine learning, self-serve analytics to the Enterprise Risk portfolio.
• Act as talent magnet to recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best delivery talent
• Work effectively at multiple levels ranging from diving into the details with senior engineers, to white boarding high-level designs with our engineering staff, to effectively communicating with our most senior Risk Management executives and stakeholders
• Present in many different venues and formats and advance the AML agenda through personal credibility and influence
• Partner with other technology and business executives to foster a high energy, highly productive engineering organization and culture across Capital One
The successful candidate will be a seasoned technical leader with the passion, confidence, and soft skills to push and influence transformation across product, tech, and design. They will be a partnership builder with a dynamic personality – inspiring to their people, their partners, and their leaders alike.
Experience includes building environments with a strong agile culture across a variety of high-tech/design companies. High emotional intelligence and strategic orientation are essential.
You are great at listening, inspiring, being direct, putting ideas on the table, and executing to achieve shared results.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 9 years of experience in technical roles with product design, software engineering, data engineering, or operations
• At least 7 years of people management experience
• At least 5 years of experience product engineering and development
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 15+ years of experience in software engineering with increasing technical responsibility as chief engineer or chief technology officer
• 10+ years of experience within a large, data-intensive environment with significant complexity and scale
• Strong technical proficiency; well versed in public-cloud technologies, full stack software development
• AWS experience
• Knowledge of financial services, banking, or fintech industry
Experience Level: Executive
Work From: Onsite United States of America
View all jobs of Company: Click here