Senior Manager, JAPAC Compliance Investigator @Amgen
What you will do
This position within Amgen’s Worldwide Compliance & Business Ethics function focuses on the internal control framework including investigations and risk assessment/mitigation. The Senior Manager is responsible for leading/conducting triage and investigation activities within Amgen’s JAPAC Region based out of Malaysia, reporting to the Director of Investigations ex. US.
The role includes responsibilities for investigations involving healthcare compliance violations, including alleged bribery, corruption, and similar high-risk areas. The role may also include some other regional and U.S.-focused compliance investigation work.
- Conducting investigations, including interviewing witnesses, gathering and analyzing records, reaching conclusions and, as needed, conducting a root cause analysis to ensure appropriate corrective action is identified
- Overseeing, and coordinating the activities of, third parties that conduct investigations on behalf of Amgen (such as outside counsel or external investigative services firms)
- Preparing written summaries, preparing reports, and conducting briefings with the Chief Compliance Officer and/or Compliance and JAPAC regional management
- Ensure that controlled investigation documents applicable to the region (policies and standard operating procedures) and processes reflect existing legal and other (e.g. industry codes) requirements and are in line with current and future needs of Amgen’s regional operations.
- Identifying and helping to implement continuous improvement opportunities for the Compliance program within Amgen’s JAPAC region
- Shape strategies for investigations in JAPAC as well as contribute to the overall policy for global investigations.
- Serve as an expert advisor to the JAPAC regional management with reference to compliance investigation work.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities and best practice for internal investigation processes.
What we expect of you
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in investigations, some of which included bribery, corruption, healthcare compliance, fraud and/or white-collar investigations in a government, law firm and/or corporate setting outside the U.S.
- Global experience in the ethics and compliance area; familiarity with regional anti-corruption laws and enforcement; experience with publicly traded multinational companies in the life sciences industry.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Able to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats and in both languages to perform the functions listed above, and to document appropriately. Proficiency in other relevant languages will be advantageous preferably Cantonese/Mandarin
- Experience working in emerging markets with first-hand experience and awareness of the cultural and geopolitical nuances Ability to interact well and collaborate with other corporate groups (such as legal and human resources staff), as well as all levels of management.
- Demonstrate temperament, objectivity and approach that will facilitate effective interactions with witnesses in order to further Amgen’s ultimate goal of encouraging reporting of concerns by staff and management.
- Resilient and at ease with a diverse and heavy workload and open to travel across the region
- eDiscovery, data analytics and forensic understanding both hands-on and the knowledge to brief support resources
- Strong time management, organizational and follow-through skills are critical.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight at times. Ability to work on several investigations simultaneously.
- Prior investigations, audit, finance, accounting, or legal training.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here