Senior Principal Engineer – Utilities Lead @ Eli Lilly
- Establish the Engineering Requirements for the mechanical and unit operation systems of capital projects.
- Perform evaluations and design guidance on mechanical systems that may include HVAC systems, utility systems (air, steam, water, glycol, etc.), waste treatment and disposal systems, as well as unit operations supporting drug substance, drug product manufacturing.
- Ensure there is alignment between stakeholders and functional unit strategies, policies, and standards. Ensure the business needs, functional unit strategies, policies, standards, and product needs are translated into performance criteria.
- Review engineering and design work by contractors and the submittals from suppliers and contractors against the engineering requirements including Lilly Global Quality Standards, Global Engineering Standards, and Engineering Master Specifications.
- Assume responsibility to own and maintain assigned Engineering functional standards, guidance documents, best practices, and master specifications including the review of exception requests and periodic reviews with internal (Lilly) groups and selected vendors/contractors to ensure Lilly specifies economically efficient designs.
- Ensures Lilly Engineering is effectively engaged at the appropriate level in reviewing the project designs for the projects assigned. Participates in the Global Facility Delivery PDRI processes as requested.
- Ensure connection to key external policy makers, practitioners, and influencers in mechanical and electrical disciplines are made and kept up to date.
- Communicate the impact of key external marketplace changes as they occur.
- Own and facilitate communities of practice in the mechanical, electrical functions across Lilly as a whole. Facilitate communication between practicing engineers in these fields to promote best-practice sharing where applicable.
- BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical strongly preferred) typically found in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing and/or project delivery experience
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here