Senior Scientist, Research @ Danaher
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead multiple nanoparticle application and technology development projects including research plan, deliverables and budget.
- Design and execute experiments with minimal input from supervisor, including establishing novel assays and technologies in-house.
- Develop, optimize, validate and support nucleic acid drug products using NxGen & GenVoy platform.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure successful project completion including providing support to other R&D scientists, Product Development, Manufacturing, and Operations.
- Generate intellectual property documents, draft patent applications, evaluate prior art, and respond to patent office actions, and act as scientific ambassador for the company, make external presentations, publish abstracts and articles and identify collaborations.
The essential requirements of the job include
- Domain expertise gained through a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with min.13 years of relevant experience; PhD with 9+ years of relevant experience (i.e., PhD in Cancer Genomics, Immuno Genomics, Oncology, Biochemistry or a closely related field).
- Comprehensive understanding of Cancer Biology, expertise in bioinformatic techniques, computational workflows, NGS based mutational screens and multi-omics data analysis & interpretation.
- Conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and knowledge of related disciplines; cancer genomics, cancer research and mutations; is highly organized and shows demonstrated project management, and excellent interpersonal skill sets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market; initiates proposals for novel concepts, works with stake holders and strategy team to bring in appropriate priority levels and timing for project initiation.
- Demonstrated experience as an independent researcher from generating ideas to getting POC, leading multiple projects, managing multiple priorities, and is considered as a subject matter expert.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of analytical methods and characterization techniques including microscopy, PCR, Sanger/Illumina sequencing.
- Experience in biological systems, cell-culture, animal models, biological assays such as Western Blot, Flow cytometry-based assays, ELISA and other molecular biology techniques
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here