What Is the Opportunity?
This role is part of the technology organization supporting our dynamic, innovative and industry leading Claim organization. The convergence of technology, data and AI is creating an unprecedented opportunity to evolve the way we work and transform the claim experience. Claim Technology has leaned into modern technologies and is relentlessly focused on creating a technology ecosystem that is nimble and well positioned for future business needs. If you are a technologist who enjoys solving complex business problems in a collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment and a continuous learner that embraces new tech and greenfield work, this is the role for you.
What Will You Do?
- Perform analysis, design, development, and configuration functions (includes defining technical requirements) with a high degree of accuracy and speed, operating as an individual contributor to team goals.
- Perform analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of advanced complexity and escalate appropriately.
- Work independently to tackle well-scoped and loosely scoped problems.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Four years of programming/development experience preferred.
- Delivery – Intermediate delivery skills including the ability to estimate accurate timelines for tasks and deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, contribute to the software design strategy and methodologies used to best meet the system requirements, consider and build for many different use cases, avoid over engineering, and ensure automation, deliver complete solutions but release them in small batches, and identify important tradeoffs and negotiate them.
- Domain Expertise – Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including understanding technical concepts necessary to do the job effectively and aware of industry trends, demonstrate willingness, cooperation, and concern for business issues and priorities, and possess in depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on and some knowledge of adjacent systems.
- Problem Solving – Strong problem solver who ensures solutions are built for the long term, is able to resolve new issues, recognizes mistakes using them as learning and teaching opportunities and consistently breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable ones.
- Communication – Strong communicator who possesses the ability to articulate information clearly and concisely with the business, document work in a clear, easy to follow manner, collaborate well with team members as both a mentor and mentee, take in vague requirements and ask the right questions to ensure clarification, offer feedback appropriately and effectively, seek out and receives constructive criticism well, listen when others are speaking and make space for colleagues to share their thoughts.
- Leadership – Intermediate leadership skills with the ability to help create a safe environment for others to learn and grow as engineers and a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying opportunities and tracking team efforts.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Two years of programming/development experience.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Hybrid
View all jobs of Company: Click here