Sr Manager, Contracts and Pricing Strategy – Oncology Biosimilars (Remote) @Amgen
The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the payer coverage and pricing contracting strategies to achieve brand objectives, maintain payer coverage goals, and ensure patient access to the Neulasta, Neupogen, and the oncology biosimilars portfolio of products. This role interacts daily with our field-based account management teams. This individual will engage with subject matter experts and business unit leadership while leading qualitative and quantitative pricing/contracting analyses to support the payor contacting strategy across Amgen’s Oncology portfolio, focusing on Neulasta and/or oncology biosimilars. In this role, the Senior Manager will also contribute to product forecasting, Latest Estimated Discount Rates, and long-term planning processes.
The Senior Manager will execute the Oncology Coverage & Pricing strategy, developed with the Coverage & Pricing Director and various Oncology brand teams. This individual will lead planning and logistics for Coverage & Pricing-sponsored workshops and training sessions. They will contribute to coverage tracking and support leadership reporting activities.
This role will require a strong foundation in the U.S. healthcare market and is a good avenue to many future commercial healthcare roles. Amgen has strong training, education, and mentoring programs to ensure staff are successful.
- Lead analysis to inform pricing and coverage decisions and negotiation strategy for customer engagements in collaboration with coverage and pricing director, Account Management Team (AMT), and Market Access Team (MAT)
- Support development of Brand Strategy and Contracting Strategy and ensure coverage and pricing proposals are aligned with these strategies
- Ensure alignment in strategy and execution of the plan with cross-functional teams including Brand, Medical, Patient Access, Value Marketing, Global Health Economics, Trade, and Policy
- For account teams and Market Access Team, triage Coverage & Pricing related questions and issues and ensures that items are addressed including training where needed
- Collaborate with Value Marketing team to create value marketing strategy, messaging, tools for field teams and data generation plan in alignment with brand strategy
- Collaborates with brand and other cross functional team to develop Market Access Team semester plan of action, semester meeting content/training and reimbursement goals
- Assist with strategic planning and quarterly business reviews
- Triage Coverage & Pricing related questions and issues from the field and ensures that items are addressed
- Constructively challenge teams by providing disconfirming information and encouraging innovative problem solving
- Routinely interact with senior leadership and other high-level, cross functional committees or teams
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The insightful professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Master’s degree and 2 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
- Associate’s degree and 7 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years of experience in either sales, marketing, contracting and/or pricing, finance, accounting, analytics, healthcare, or sales operations
- Prior experience in contracts and pricing, direct payor engagement experience, value marketing, and a good foundational understanding of the US payor environment.
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution.
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity; ability to see the big picture; ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles
- Previous experience building financial models and/or working with large amounts of data
- Experience navigating the evolving U.S. healthcare system with specific interest on the interactions between Government and Healthcare.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills and executive presence across functions and across different levels of leadership
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Remote from Country
View all jobs of Company: Click here