Sr Manager, Legal General @ Whirlpool
– Representing the company before courts of law and tribunals and government authorities. Making submissions for cases, coordinating with external counsels and overall control of litigation.
– Lead and successfully execute the litigation strategy including efforts to proactively reduce and improvise the dispute pipeline
– Effectively utilize the Litigation management tools to monitor litigations and strengthen reporting.
– Work closely with the global and local safety team to identify and reduce risks.
– Partner with business in the development and execution of the plans and legal implications of the same
– Prepare, negotiate and review legal agreements governing commercial relationships with third parties with whom the Company has dealings
– Helping business to know the regulatory framework and risks to ensure compliance with local laws, regulations and codes
– Advice business on various legislations and legal issues specifically relating to Legal Metrology, various licensing requirements & registrations; factory & labor laws, product related regulations etc.
– Identify key legal issues and principles and how they relate to markets, relationship types, products and services and mitigation of legal risk and consequences
– Evaluating the Policies for Antitrust, Competition law, conflict of interest, EHS, Anti Bribery etc. and imparting face to face training for various Policies of the Company.
– Working with key global stakeholders on matters pertaining to legal, regulatory, and compliance
– In charge for leading Waste Management regulatory advisory:
- Handling authorization/Licenses
- overall guidance on Waste Management
- Set up and monitor processes for Waste Management
– Developing processes and procedures to implement local, regional, or global regulatory and compliance requirements. Oversee the internal compliance function centered on detection, prevention and response.
– Lead a culture of compliance by effective management of the Compliance Management Tool across the entire organization. Monitoring and evaluating the quality of compliance in the Compliance Management Tool.
– Overseeing relationships with regulatory authorities including industrial bodies etc., and managing the regulatory affairs. Functioning as the subject matter expert on local regulatory requirements.
– Monitor major legislative developments and regulatory changes that are relevant for the Company in India and SAARC and update legal and commercial teams accordingly
– Core member of Waste Council bringing in Industry best practices/knowledge to Company
– Liaison with the regulatory or statutory authority as and when required
- Education- LLB
- Experience- 8-11 yrs with MNC or Big Corporate House
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory laws especially factory laws, pollution laws, legal metrology & labor laws.
- Knowledge of legal aspects and practical functioning of FMCG companies
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here