Sr. Safety Specialist @ PBF Energy
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization to support the development of facility H&S programs, procedures, safe work practices, campaigns, etc.
- Participate as a member of one of the facility Business Teams.
- Analyze safety performance and statistics.
- Lead/participate in various safety committees.
- Develop, conduct, and participate in safety meetings.
- Participate in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the existing safety programs for the refinery.
- Lead and perform safety audits and planned general inspections.
- Support and participate in incident and near miss investigations.
- Develop and implement general and specialized training presentations, materials, and testing for regulatory required and topic-specific training.
- Assist field supervision with loss control efforts including hazard assessment and control.
- Interface with contractors in respect to adhering to safety policies/standards and related safety and health activities.
- Serve as a resource to provide information and interpretation on safety regulations, procedures and practices.
- Participate in pre-plans and work activities for high-risk jobs.
- Perform Job Hazards Analysis for specific job tasks when necessary.
- Provide safety support for turnarounds, capital projects, and other engineering projects while ensuring compliance with facility standards and federal and local regulatory requirements
- Perform technical writing functions that include developing and editing communication material, standards, plans and reports
- Provide H&S oversight to refinery workforce related to confined space entry, hot work, safe work practices, and other related health, safety, or industrial hygiene matters
- Maintain a level of H&S-related knowledge and expertise through periodic job function training or skill development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Sciences, Occupational Safety or related course of study required.
- 5+ years’ safety and/or industrial hygiene experience in petroleum, chemical or manufacturing plant required.
Experience Level: Senior
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here